More on the Crew Reserves
May 6, 2008
At the prompting of a few questions from Paul Vancouver on Big Soccer, I have a compiled a few more notes.
- Zayner looked solid. He showed some quickness and had a couple of good touches in tight space, but I think he needs some time to get back into game shape. I would still go with Ezra at this point.
- Iro looked OK. I missed the penalty he conceded. I am still concerned about his positioning and soccer smarts, they are improving from earlier in the season. He looked better than earlier in the season. He is also fairly vocal.
- Josten played out wide in the 2nd half when Evans moved centrally to replace Ekpo. He was active and showed decent touch, better than Lenhart. I have seen him play that wide position a couple of times now. Nothing special, yet.
- Só played the final ten minutes. He really did not do much to make an impression in the limited time. I have seen him drift out wide every time i have seen him play; that is the only reason (other than fitness) I can imagine he is buried so deep on the bench. Touch was good, but really did not have a chance to go at defenders.
- Miller did not standout. I liked his play at the Conner Senn, but did not watch him as closely this game, sorry.
- Garey showed hustle, but not much else. The team did not play through him and he lost a lot of the 50/50 balls. I think he will struggle to keep his roster spot.