Week 6 Power Rankings
Since it seems everybody else is doing one, here are my power rankings. The Crew hold the top spot with Chicago right behind. I was awfully tempted to swap them, but Crew pride you know…
1. Columbus Crew – Losing only one game all year will get you the top spot. I am interested to see how they handle the mini road swing with San Jose and then Toronto upcoming.
2. Chicago Fire – Perhaps stronger than the Crew, but I am going to side with my home town team. That defense is very strong and they have offensive weapons.
3. Colorado Rapids – I feel happy for the fans in Denver. Gomez adds a spark and this team can be fun to watch, but can he prevent Clavijo from sinking the team (it happens every year).
4. Red Bull New York – A draw in in front of the the loud and raucous Toronto fans seems pretty impressive. Reyna, not so much.
5. Toronto FC – You can’t win them all, even at home. This team would be really good if they had a better forward. The Crew @ TFC after a bye will be a test for both teams.
6. New England Revolution – They cannot beat Chicago (Home or Away). They have some injuries, but 3-0 at home…
7. FC Dallas – A defensive struggle versus San Jose did not show much. With Toja missing in action, the offense doesn’t work right.
8. Kansas City Wizards – Blown off the field in the first half versus Columbus. They could only go up in the second half and played pretty well down a man (and after Moffat went out).
9. LA Galaxy – The offense is scary, even without Carlos Ruiz. The defense would be scary even without Abel Xavier.
10. DC United – Not every move can work out. I like the idea of what Gallardo can do, but Niell has not impressed. We won’t even touch on the problems with Emilio.
11. Real Salt Lake – Unlike previous editions, this team can score, periodically.
12. San Jose Earthquakes – The defense will be tested by a solid Crew offense. They won’t improve until they can find goals. The quakes are learning what Columbus did, Kamara probably won’t get the job done.
13. Houston Dynamo – This team knows what to do until it is in front of goal.
14. Chivas USA – Guzan is looking better. That’s a start.