Week 8 Power Rankings
Here are the week 8 rankings. Last week’s rank in parenthesis.
1. (1) Columbus – Ugly draw in Toronto gets a point. Columbus, plays another big game this weekend and will be looking for three points at home against New England.
2. (2) Chicago – Really stumbled at home against a (possibly?) resergent Houston team.
3. (5) New England – Looked good against an anemic Quakes team. Columbus should provide a better test.
4. (4) Colorado – RSL played them tight in the first half, but then they separated themselves. I still wonder if they are for real.
5. (3) New York – A tie at home after being down to ten men. This team is a lot better when Angel is playing well.
6. (6) Toronto FC – Tough at home, earning a draw against the Crew. Laurent looks good but I did not like Ricketts as much.
7. (7) Kansas City – The draw in New York feels a little like a loss. The youth movement needs to play better or they may be on the outside of the playoff picture.
8. (11) Houston – I think they are starting to make a move. It took them long enough to break out of their early season doldrums.
9. (10) Los Angeles – A 5-1 win over Dallas just doesn’t seem that impressive. Edson Buddle seems to score a hat trick a year, but he would be another potent weapon if he reviving his career.
10. (9) Real Salt Lake – They have middle (well more than the beginnings) of a decent team in Salt Lake. They probably won’t make the playoffs this year, but I can seem improvement.
11. (8 ) FC Dallas – Not much more to add other than the 5-1 defeat cost Steve Morrow his job.
12. (14) Chivas – Not overly impressive against DC, but came away with the win.
13. (12) San Jose – Riley had one of the worst own goal I have seen in a long time. Still very much an expansion team. But still not as bad as…
14. (13) DC United – This team has talent, but not as much as they hoped. Too many players are having disappointing seasons: Emilio, Niell, and Peralta come to mind.