Week 12 – Power Rankings
1. New England – This team is on a good run of form and will be stronger when Twellman gets back.
2. Los Angeles – This team will score goals and Buddle looks like he may have turned the corner. The defense is still a problem. That has been the story all year.
3. Toronto FC – The home field advantage is amazing, and the offense is springing to life. I am still concerned about the defense.
4. Chicago – Perhaps Blanco is getting taken out of games. The offense has gone missing, and probably could use a big offensive target.
5. Columbus – Breaking the scoreless and winless streak was impressive, but it came against a sliding Kansas City team. LA will provide a better test.
6. DC United – The hottest team this side of New England. The talent was always there, but now it shows.
7. Houston – Much like Chicago has New England’s number, New England has Houston’s.
8. Colorado – I really did not expect them to do much in Toronto, but they need a result against Houston.
9. Chivas USA – A rough couple of weeks after turning things around. Seems to be a trend with 7-9.
10. Real Salt Lake – Tough at home, but a win on the road is good news. This team has some talent, but they need to keep getting some points on the road.
11. FC Dallas – A good result against a wilting Fire team. I would like to see how they respond to their new coach.
12. New York – This team is in a free fall, but at least they have a little bit of offense.
13. Kansas City – Unlike the Wizards. An awful return home with an awful performance. This team is falling apart.
14. San Jose – Better than the average expansion team, but still not good.