Welcome to Qualifying
August 21, 2008
Guatemala provided a glimpse of what World Cup Qualifying looks like.
- The U.S. looked shaky until the dueling red cards. They could not keep possession or create real scoring chances.
- They were also very nervy. The whole Guatemalan welcome treatment unsettled the team.
- Loco was unstoppable, Lewis and Pierce could not contain him.
- I am not sold on the back line.
- Why does Donovan play on the right, I guess we don’t have anyone else to throw out there.
Overall, it is great to steal a win and get off to a good start.