NYRB Reserves 0 – Crew Reserves 0
It was a beautiful day, but the soccer was a little disjointed. There were only a few good chances at goal, including Oughton’s shot off the post in the second half. The Black and Gold standard has written up their recap of the action so I will get to my notes on the game.
- New York’s Mac Kandji started and played the full 90. He did not really stand out, but showed some of his quickness. He is hampered by an ankle injury and it was his first game action for the team.
- Stanley Nyazamba is quick and can dribble, but he is raw. He played central midfield, just in front of Duncan. He was more that willing to run and play defense but he forced several passes and tried to do too much at times.
- Plotkin did not play very well at left mid. He was lifted as Peterson moved up from left back and played better.
- Josten was solid at right mid, but really did not have an impact on the game.
- Peterson had a rough game at left back. He looked much better at left mid.
- Zayner was a disappointment. His defense was solid, but he dribbled too much into the attack and he misfired on his passing.
- Lenhart and Garey were not able to get much going. Lenhart tended to stray offside quite a bit.
- Schelotto and Evans worked out on the side. Schelotto was running hard and making quick cuts.
- Moffat was also working out with weights and doing agility drills.
- Coach Schmid and Brian Bliss were talking off to the side. I would have loved to hear what those two were talking about.