A Little More on ESPN/MLS Primetime
- High Profile Matchups – More Galaxy, Chivas, NY, Chicago, and Houston (ugh).
- Live lead-ins – More delayed matches or missing whole chunks of the game.
- Roving times – It is harder to find the games when they are always moving.
- Better Matchups – ESPN and MLS can choose a good game to showcase the league rather than the Thursday lock in.
- Live lead-ins – They do allow for better promotion.
ESPN had to do something. MLS was a black hole for them. The real test may be coming up though. I really wonder what would happen to MLS if ESPN made a play for Premier League rights in the the U.S.