Game 11: Notes
May 31, 2009
My recap of the game is up at Columbus Underground. Just a few more notes from last night’s tie with Seattle.
- O’Rourke played a fantastic game in the middle. He was levelheaded and played within himself.
- Carroll will require surgery after the season. The medical staff will have to immobilize his arm before he can play. How effective is he going to be, perhaps O’Rourke will have to work in the midfield long term.
- I am really liking Eric Brunner in the middle of the defense with Marshall. He is looking like a valuable addition to a team with a thin back line.
- Noonan still shows signs of rust, but his cross was genius. He may start at forward next week with Moreno out.
- The Crew are vulnerable on the wings with Padula and Zayner on the field. Padula has been wearing down later in games and Zayner shows the lack of experience from having several years lost to injury.