Game 14: Notes
I really did dream that the Crew would win 3-1. I guess that is for the home leg. My review is up at Columbus Underground as usual.
- The Crew wilted under the heat. Ekpo, Gaven, Rogers, and O’Rourke really looked slow in the second half.
- As far as subs, I only can guess that Warzycha wanted his top players on the field instead of fresh legs. I am in the opposite camp when the team starts giving up as much space and possession as the Crew did.
- Chad Marshall was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. A ref is going to call a penalty when player going down when the defender is hovering over him with his arms outstretched.
- I did like the flashes of speed from Robbie Rogers, his touch was pretty rough though. I keep looking for that that 2008 like break out player, but I have not seen him yet.
- Gaven played entirely too slow in the middle. He took one touch too many and it really interrupted the offensive flow.
- Just after I said he should get called up to the national team, Chad Marshall makes the Gold Cup preliminary roster (with Gaven and Rogers), then he has a rough game giving up the go ahead goal.