Game 27: Notes
Better late than never perhaps. Refresh your memories of the tragedy of the first loss at Crew Stadium in over a year at Columbus Underground.
- I thought the team looked a little tired, Warzycha disagreed. I have a way of asking the question that sets him off. I still think passing and control were off for the whole team.
- Rogers has been woefully out of form the last couple of games. It appears he might be carrying an injury or has lost a step. He looks slow and unsure on the dribble.
- Add Carroll to the list of players suffering through a slump. He hasn’t been the same since his midseason injury.
- Kevin Burns had a solid game in central midfield. He played a no frills game and had a couple nice passes. I especially liked his forward chipped ball; it didn’t connect but it was a good idea.
- Steve Davis is exactly right, there is a bit too much diving on this team. If you can work a foul then do so, but refs are not biting on the constant simulation. Several attacks died out when Moreno or Gaven went down.
- I can’t wait to see Renteria and Lenhart running roughshod over a backline. They certainly add ferocity to the lineup.
- The divot was the topic of postgame conversation. Schelotto noted it, but Warzycha was the one steaming over it.
- Notably absent, Sigi’s scarf. He did not wear it during the game and did not have it post game. He spoke of his sincere respect for the Nordecke after the game; it sounds like he meant it.
- This team is starting to show issues with tempers. Padula, Lenhart, Moreno, and O’Rourke have shown a willingness to mix it up more than the past. I am not sure if the pressure is starting to take it’s toll.
Zayner: 6–O’Rourke: 6–Brunner: 5—Padula: 5
Gaven: 6—Carroll: 3—Burns: 5—Rogers: 3
——–Schelotto: 5—Moreno: 4——————
Subs: Lenhart: 6, Ekpo: 6, Renteria: 5
Crew Man of the Match: Gaven